For our client Alexion, a Biotech Pharma Company leader in Rare Diseases, we are looking for an Associate Director, Medical Affairs Ahus
The Associate Director, Medical Affairs aHUS - will be responsible to provide scientific and medical know-how related to aHUS to local healthcare professionals and commercial team in order to maximize outcomes of patients on therapy with Alexion products working in team with the local Associate Director, Medical Affairs PNH – as well as representing the country in all EMEA / GLOBAL aHUS medical initiatives to ensure alignment and satisfaction of local medical needs.
• Develop and maintain the highest scientific and medical expertise in aHUS and be acknowledged internally and externally as an expert in this area
• Develop and implement the Country Medical Plan aligned with the overall corporate strategic objectives and the Global Medical Plan
• Maintain a high level of knowledge of current local pharmaceutical regulations and ensure their implementation in conjunction with the Associate Director, Local Regulatory Affairs Leader.
• Maintain a high level of knowledge of Alexion policies and procedures, including those related to promotional materials and activities and educational programs and ensure their implementation in conjunction with the Associate Director, Local Regulatory Affairs Leader.
• Drive the identification, development, management of Key Opinion Leaders
• Identify and implement high-impact medical research projects and support the implementation of Alexion sponsored and investigator initiated studies
• Manage requests for Alexion product supply for compassionate use cases, in accordance with local laws and regulations and with Alexion procedures
• Provide insights for the development, review and approval of presentation materials for scientific meetings, symposia and other field Medical Education activities
• Support the Global Pharmacovigilance Dept. to ensure that pharmacovigilance requirements are fulfilled according to regulatory and company policy
• Assess proposals to evaluate the use of Alexion products in new indications in related areas
• Organize high impact Medical Education activities, such as advisory boards, congress symposia, hospital meetings and speaker development programs
• Provide timely and appropriate response to Medical Information enquires, utilizing global medical information resources and in line with local regulatory requirements
• Lead the local aHUS medical team and ensure achievement of the business objectives as well as the personal development of each of his/her direct reports
• Review promotional materials, in collaboration with Director, Medical Affairs in accordance with local regulatory requirements
• Support drafting of reimbursement applications locally or nationally, ensuring knowledge of processes, collecting supportive documents and provisioning of medical expertise as required
• In conjunction with EMEA clinical operations support the effective planning and management of Alexion sponsored trials, including disease Registries, to achieve recruitment and study objectives
• Provide prompt medical support to all activities aimed to ensure appropriate utilization of Alexion products by aHUS patients
• Conduct medical training of the commercial team in accordance with global strategy and local regulations
• Develop and execute a local publication plan, aligned Global/EMEA Scientific Communication strategy, to ensure widespread local data generation, including congress abstracts, publications, case studies.
• Allocate time to spend in the field with the commercial team, aimed to patients’ identification, increasing the urgency to treat, access to funding and appropriate product utilization, all to maximize patient outcomes.
• Attend appropriate national and international meetings and congresses to gather intelligence, assist personal education, ensuring to utilize these opportunities to develop relationships with important customers
• Background / experience in nephrology a definite plus
• Orphan diseases knowledge/experience a definite plus
• Demonstrated ability to influence important customers, challenge common perceptions and implement medical affairs tools to improve patient care and outcomes
• Demonstrated ability to accurately and effectively evaluate medical/scientific literature and develop effective medical strategies and communication strategies.
• Experience of early and late clinical development.
• Experience of Pharmacovigilance.
• Experience in leading teams and managing people
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both local language and in English
• Computer literate with MS PPT and Word software as well as CRM software
• Adaptability to multicultural environment.
• Medical degree (M.D.), experience in clinical practice and minimum of 4 years in the pharmaceutical or the biotech industry (or experience with biological product).
• Dealing with ambiguity
• Building effective team
• Ability to work independently and as a member of cross-functional teams
• Time management
• Priority settings
• Problem Solving
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Action Oriented
• Ethics and Values
• Integrity and Trust
• Strong analytical skills
Curricula to: firstname.lastname@example.org