Primary Multinational Pharmaceutical with a strong focus on scientific research and innovation, as well as excellent attention to people, research:
REAL WORLD EVIDENCE (RWE) SCIENTIST
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The RWE affiliate scientist will contribute to the compendium of evidence in support of demonstrating the value of the company’s products (across all business units) by ensuring the RWE customer needs are met in a timely and credible manner. The RWE Affiliate scientist leads the development of the local RWE strategy and is responsible for ensuring that the appropriate RWE solutions are executed within their hub. The development of the RWE strategies are conducted in close collaboration with the affiliate cross-functional brand teams and should be aligned with the global brand strategy. The RWE Affiliate Scientist provides scientific expertise and effective project oversight to ensure the successful fulfillment of the local RWE projects and studies. The RWE Affiliate scientist will build strategic relationships with third parties.
Environmental Awareness, Customer Understanding and best practice sharing
• Achieves strong understanding of external customers by:
- Establishing and maintaining a broad network with multiple customers and partners
- Maintaining awareness of significant developments in the RWE policy environment,
• Actively participates in shared learning opportunities to effectively share knowledge and experience
Evidence Strategy, Cross-Functional Leadership and Integration
• Responsible for the identification of the appropriate local RWE solutions for successful market access or price negotiations of prioritized brands
• Links RWE scientific expertise with business unit knowledge to influence and effect cross-functional initiatives within the Principles of Medical Research framework.
Study Development, Execution and Oversight, inc. Third Party Organization management
• Accountable for the delivery of top RWE priorities in the affiliate identified through comprehensive evidence planning and development of the right scientific methods (in consultations with statistics, EXPERT, medical, GPS etc)
• The RWE solutions should be included in the Business Planning and the research should be conducted in conformance with the Principles of Medical Research and stored appropriately (eg. LEO, PANGAEA, etc)
• Builds strategic engagements with third parties for access to external data source / analysis in compliance with Lilly procedures
• partners with the relevant functions ( affiliate Ethics & Compliance, Medical Quality (MQO), procurement, local Legal, etc ) to deliver collaborative RWE research that is compliant and follows Lilly’s internal procedures
• Leads dissemination of RWE information in appropriate scientific venues via development, preparation, and presentation of abstracts, posters, and manuscripts and effectively communicates with internal partners
• Accountable for delivering the prioritized RWE research on time and on budget, ensuring study/ project budgets are realistic.
• Effectively communicates status of RWE projects to key business partners to keep them informed of project status, budget implications, etc.,
• Ph.D., M.D., or PharmD/Master’s degree with relevant experience in an appropriate discipline (e.g epidemiology, pharmacoeconomics, psychology, statistics, or other relevant sciences) will generally be required. Significant previous training and experience in designing and conducting research and disseminating the results in the areas of epidemiology or health outcomes may substitute for the formal degree requirement.
• Demonstrable strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully in a cross-functional environment.
• Fluency in local language and English.
• The ability to travel domestically and internationally. Travel is estimated to be up to 10%.
• Knowledge and experience of local health care systems and local language
• Understanding of and experience with clinical research and market access environment.
• Demonstrated ability to influence individuals.
• Demonstrated project management skills.